Sunday, September 6, 2015

Blazing Saddles- Part1

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Rollin', rollin', rollin'

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them doggies movin'
Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope and throw and brand 'em
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
My heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin'
Be waiting at the end of my ride.

Crazy Song eh? One of my old time favourites blue brother.. Rawhide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE
I think it sums up everything that I would write for a blog to capture what I went through last two days.
2014 was a year of recovery for me that every distance runner encounters now and then. 2015 is perhaps THE year of action. I had almost vowed not to pay for marathons. A few friends followed the suit. I, however, noticed that with no goal, it has been very difficult to train. I had to enrol in three marathons so that  I improve my fitness (my way).
A plan is something prescribed and dictated, to do list that I rebel against. I am not a good student. Unruly I am. I like to fail and learn. I will not be trained as a running robot.
The free horse decided when to run..and where. I told the horse that he better put some reins and actually start gallops. There is only one person, the horse listens to at times. Jeetu and I went for a run, before his usual workout with Freerunners. He watched and gave me something to work on and I saw the improvement during later runs.
I also started 10-20-10 sprint and easy run mix which improved performance. I timed my runs in racecourse sandtrack. If I am good here, I should be better on road. Few gradient runs at Bopdev Ghat were good too but I could see they took more time. From my last run a month ago I recall that It would take me 2:30 to complete 21km. Why is the time still bad? Perhaps, I am still caching my reserves for 42 km. (I am not sorry about it, as this is where I was injured.)

In May, I bought Cycling Bibshorts and biked to Lonavala. Umesh Sonavane was to influence a lot more than this 140km ride in peak summer. I purchased riding gloves..learning from my blisters.
Umesh pursued me into enrolling for Satara. Rs 1300/ for half marathon is something I detest. Yet, the thought of biking in and biking back was more promising.

Note: From May to September, the horse went wild and he would not touch the bike. He focussed on sand track alone. The speed was not what he wanted. The horse ran  only one run of 13km as his plan was to maintain speed at 55min for 10 km (in sand track).

No comments:

Post a Comment